Study Permit Canada
A study permit is issued by ICRC to allow foreign national to study in Canada. There are more than 400,000 students in Canada presently.
How to apply Study permit Canada
- Get enrolled in DLI (Designated Learning Institute)
- Prove that you have enough money to pay your expenses for tuition fee, living expenses and other miscellaneous
- You are not inadmissible due to criminal or medical history
- Satisfy the visa officer that you will return once study is completed
There are certain people who are exempt from study permit and can study in Canada without study permit. Some of the following cases are exemption.
- Short-term studies (6 months or less)
- Family or staff of foreign representatives
- Members of foreign armed forces
- Registered Indians in Canada
- Minor children in Canada
Steps to apply study permit
- Apply offer letter from DLI in Canada
- Pay tuition fee to Canada
- Deposit GIC bonds (Guaranteed Investment Certificate)
- Get Medicals done
- Apply for Study permit
SDS (Student Direct Stream)
The processing of SDS application are within 20 days as per CIC website and only student from China, India, Morocco, Pakistan, the Philippines, Senegal and Vietnam can apply under this stream. The student should be residing outside Canada and should also get offer letter (acceptance letter) from DLI college.
The applicant will require to pay one full year tuition fee and should have $10,000 GIC. Along with this, applicant should also take language test and acquire 6 bands in each module of IELTS or CLB 7 in each module of TEF.