The Alberta Immigrant Nominee Program (AINP) is Alberta’s Provincial Nominee Program. There are following streams in Alberta
- Alberta Opportunity Stream
- Alberta Express Entry Stream
- Alberta Self-Employed Farmer Stream
Alberta Opportunity Stream
In this stream international graduates of Alberta post secondary institution and worker with existing work permit can apply under this program. The individual has to meet following criteria to apply under this stream.
- Residency status and work permit requirements;
- Work experience in an occupation that is not part of the ineligible occupations list; and Income level.
International students of Alberta post secondary institutes
The students of Alberta post secondary institute, who have completed study in Alberta and are employed under post graduate work permit can apply under this program.
The students will need 6 months of experience related to their field of study, minimum language and income requirements given below.
Residency status and work permit requirements
Have a valid temporary work permit under LMIA, LMIA exempt category or post graduate work permit (must have studied in Alberta post secondary institution).
The applicant must have CLB 4 in each module if the job falls under NOC C or D. If the job is in NOC O, A or B, then CLB 5 is required.
The individuals must submit at least high school certification and it should be verified by ECA, however, students who studied in Canada do not require ECA.
Individuals interested in submitting an application to the AOS must meet the following work experience conditions:
The applicant must currently be employed in the occupation listed as his or her ‘current occupation’ when submitting to the AINP.
The applicant must be working in an occupation that matches his or her work experience at the time of applying and at the time the AINP processes the application.
In order to meet the work experience requirements for the AOS, individuals must:
- have a minimum of 12 months of full-time work experience in the ‘current occupation’ in Alberta within the last 18 months; or
- have a minimum of 24 months of full-time work experience in the ‘current occupation’ in Canada and/or outside Canada within the last 30 months
- This work experience can be a combination of experience gained in the province of Alberta, in Canada (outside Alberta) and/or outside Canada.
If an applicant is a Post-Graduation Work Permit holder, he or she:
- must have a minimum of six months full-time work experience in his or her current occupation in Alberta within the last 18 months, and
- must currently be in an occupation related to his or her field of study in Alberta based on an approved Alberta educational credential from an Advanced Education-approved Alberta post-secondary institution. Also, if the applicant has completed an Advanced Education-approved one-year post-graduate certificate, the occupation must also be related to his or her previous undergraduate or graduate field of study Canada.
The candidate must have genuine job offer and should meet following requirements.
- continuous, paid work
- full-time work, defined as a minimum of 30 hours/week
- employment for 12 months or more
- work in your current occupation
- wages and benefits that meet provincial
minimum wage and:
- meet or exceed the requirements set out in your LMIA, or
- if you are LMIA exempt, meet or exceed the lowest starting wage for your occupation across all industries in Alberta as set out on the Alis website
- work for an eligible AINP occupation for which you have a work permit that meets AINP work permit requirements
|NOC Code (2016)||NOC Skill Level||Occupation|
|0422||0||School principals and administrators of elementary and secondary education|
|0423||0||Managers in social, community and correctional services|
|0432||0||Fire chiefs and senior firefighting officers|
|0651*||0||Escort agency managers, massage parlour managers|
|4031||A||Secondary school teachers|
|4032||A||Elementary school and kindergarten teachers|
|4154||A||Professional occupations in religion|
|5121||A||Authors and writers|
|5133||A||Musicians and singers|
|5135||A||Actors and comedians|
|5136||A||Painters, sculptors and other visual artists|
|1227||B||Court officers and justices of the peace|
|3223*||B||Dental laboratory assistants/bench workers|
|4214*||B||Early childhood educators who do not have certification through Alberta Children’s Services – Child Care Staff Certification Office or who have been certified as child development assistant (formerly Level 1)|
|4217||B||Other religious occupations|
|5232||B||Other performers, not elsewhere classified|
|5244||B||Artisans and craftspersons|
|6232||B||Real estate agents and salespersons|
|4411||C||Home child care providers|
|4412||C||Home support workers, housekeepers and related occupations|
|4413||C||Elementary and secondary school teacher assistants|
|6564||C||Other personal service occupations|
|7513||C||Taxi and limousine drivers and chauffeurs|
|8442||C||Trappers and hunters|
|6623||D||Other sales related occupations|
|6722||D||Operators and attendants in amusement, recreation and sport|
|6742||D||Other service support occupations, not elsewhere classified|
|8612||D||Landscaping and grounds maintenance labourers|
|8613||D||Aquaculture and marine harvest labourers|